Many people are looking for a new career where they can work at home and still make money. Search the Internet for work at home jobs, and you will be overwhelmed with the number of websites. However, there are several work at home scams floating around on the Internet that you need to watch out for. Here are few things to avoid as you look for a legitimate work at home job.
First, beware of jobs that promise you can get rich quickly. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Beware of ads that ask you to send money to receive information about the job or ask you to buy something to begin the program. Most legitimate job advertisements do not require an investment. Watch out for exaggerated claims of product effectiveness. These advertisements ask you to invest in a new miracle product, which you either don?t receive or is much harder to sell than advertised. You might also be liable if you are asked to sell a fraudulent program to others.
Common work at home schemes including stuffing envelopes, work at home assembly, chain letters and processing medial insurance claims. These scams usually involve money upfront for training or for products which never materialize. The work at home assembly programs often leave people with products they assemble and don?t get paid for.
Work at home scams will never offer you a regular salary for a specific job. They might use personal testimonials about the success of their program without identifying specific names. Work at home schemes usually require no experience, yet guarantee that you will make huge profits. Avoid work at home job advertisements with typing errors or advertisements typed in all capital letters. This is a good indication that the organization is not very professional. Look for contact information in the job advertisement. No contact information usually means it is not a legitimate ad. Vague job descriptions are also indicative of a scam.
If you become a victim to a work at home scam, ask the company for a refund. Notify law enforcement officials, your local Better Business Bureau and your state?s Attorney General office if they refuse to send you a refund. Document all your involvement with the company such as phone calls and keep all your paperwork.
There are many genuine work at home jobs available. Protect yourself by avoiding the common pitfalls of work at home scams.
Copyright 2006 Harrold Swalve
For those of us who work from our homes, it is just as easy to become a workaholic and neglect our relationships as it is for those who commute and work in a cubicle all day. Although there isn’t someone standing over us all day, we often push ourselves harder because we know we only earn in relation to what we put out. However, while focusing on our career is necessary, it is also important to devote quality time to our relationships with our spouses, children, and friends.
Our families are often the reasons we have chosen to work at home in the first place. The morning commute was replaced with the ability to see our loved ones off to school and work, while the reverse is true in the evening. Spending every waking hour at our computer, or in our office, defeats the purpose of choosing to stay at home.
Perhaps many of us are not working that many hours per day, but rather are constantly mismanaging our time. Doing that puts us in the position of having to work during the usual “family time” in order to make up for lost productivity.
The simplest ways to ensure we devote enough time and energy to both our work and relationships are to set boundaries for both and make a “work and play” schedule. If we worked outside the home we would most likely have a daily schedule to keep to, so why not create one for working in our homes?
It is important to have time with friends and family, and if the only way to make it happen is to schedule it, then do it. In addition, put special dates and family events on the work calendar in order to avoid interference with projects. It may also be helpful to schedule “vacation” days, and reward hard work with a day off to spend time and energy having fun with friends and family.
We should also step away from our work when it is apparent our families’ needs have surpassed those of our jobs. If a child is sent home sick for the day, spend some time comforting and taking care of them. If a friend wants to get together, but you have a project due in a few hours, take some time the next day to treat them to lunch instead.
Finally, while a little “overtime” will be sometimes be needed to get a project done on time, there are certain moments when work should be limited, or avoided altogether. Frequently working in bed can be damage a marriage, ignoring a child’s request for help could be dangerous, and pulling up to the computer desk while company is over can be viewed as rude behavior.
We should always remember that fostering our relationships will prove to be more valuable to our work when those around us are more supportive of what we do. Showing our loved ones that they come first will earn that much needed support, and this in turn will create more harmony at home for everyone.
There are many options for people who want to work at home. Deciding what type of work you want to do is the first step towards your work at home career. Work at home jobs require you to report to an employer, who might have you work a set schedule or have certain requirements.
Starting your own home businesses might require an upfront fee or startup fee to get started. However, you are your own boss. Home businesses might take some time before you see returns while work at home jobs are usually part-time or on an as need basis.
You can also choose to become an independent contractor or freelancer. Independent contractors can choose to accept certain jobs. Independent contractors also have more freedom to set their schedule whereas a company employee has the stability and benefits of being regular employee. However, company employees do not have the freedom to accept or reject specific jobs.
There is a variety of work at home opportunities for both independent contractors and as a company employee. Narrow your search for work at home employment by realizing your skills and previous experience.
Work at home opportunities includes areas such as customer service, freelance writing, data entry, telemarketing, typing, graphic design, web design, and transcription to name a few.
Many companies do not post their work at home jobs because they are flooded with applications from people who do not possess the skills for the job. You should think about your work at home job search as a regular job search.
Apply for jobs that you are actually qualified to do. You might even apply for jobs that allow you to work at home on a part-time basis. Employers might be willing to extend it to a full-time basis after an initial period. Begin your work at home endeavor with a goal. You should set a plan for what you want to accomplish. Be informed about work at home opportunities by joining message boards or online communities. These are good place to meet with others who work at home and to find ideas and information. When you first start out looking for work at home opportunities plan to take small steps. Make a few phone calls, contact potential employers and send out s. Setting a small daily goal will help you feel like you are accomplishing something.
“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible”.
Copyright 2006 Harrold Swalve
- Employment News | Facebook May 25, 2013Employment News. 16361 likes · 300 talking about this.https://www.facebook.com/EmploymentNewsIndia […](author unknown)
- Employment News Paper 5 May | Search and Read PDF Online ... May 20, 2013Find and Read Employment News Paper 5 May free Download, ...www.glembook.com/pdf/employment-news-paper-5-may.html […](author unknown)
- Chicago Best Places to Work, Workplace Features, Employment ... May 16, 2013Find the best places to work in Chicago and why employees think so along with ... Best local business news – essential to doing business in Chicago; Lists, data ...www.chicagobusiness.com/section/ISSUE02?date=20130511 […](author unknown)
- Cruise Ship Employment
- Earn Income At Home
- Employment Advice On Videos
- Employment Web Sites
- Hazardous Materials Removal?
- How To Become A Bounty Hunter
- How To Get Through An Interview
- How To Start A Carpet Cleaning Business
- How To Start A Lawn Mowing Business
- Interesting Links
- Pool Cleaning Business
- Self Employment Loan
- Self-Employment Ideas That Worked!
- Summer Vacation Jobs
- Technical & Vocational School Directory
- The Complete Guide To Working For Yourself
- Typing Jobs
- Window Washing Business
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Website to share Tips and parties between friends and groups - oDesk May 25, 2013Attached the homepage wireframe Hi everyone, i would like a website with the same functions as this one: www.onvasortir.com but with a completely different design; please use the attached file for the design. Here are the needs: - Easy cms to manage the website - Identification system - Users can create groups of users like "Paris football', " […]
- WGN - oDesk May 25, 2013Need some who is good with c panels and database. Coding for website, any video players.Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: Posted On: May 25, 2013 20:41 UTCID: 202581489Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: video-conversionCountry: United StatesHours Billed: 68.67click to apply […]
- Fix slider on my website - oDesk May 25, 2013I need someone to fix the slider on my website the slider currently has capability for 13 slides but i only six are showing.Please view at: http://www.local-internet-marketing.ws/betaBudget: $5Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: May 26, 2013Posted On: May 25, 2013 20:37 UTCID: 202581480Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: html,php,wordpressC […]
- Visual Basic/ASP Pages - oDesk May 25, 2013We are adding new requirements to an existing website. The general tasks are: -Add new SQL tables and also new columns to existing tables. Link the columns to new and existing ASP pages. -Add new buttons to ASP pages that will run SQL queries and display the results in a new ASP page. -Allow export of the results of SQL queries into a CSV format. -Link data […]
- shopping cart - oDesk May 25, 2013need a shopping plugin for oxwall with indian currenry and indian payment system if anyone can do it contact meBudget: $50Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: June 8, 2013Posted On: May 25, 2013 20:28 UTCID: 202581461Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: Country: IndiaHours Billed: 0click to apply […]
- Sinatra developer for Bitcoin Application - oDesk May 25, 2013Hi, We are looking for an experienced developer to work on our Sinatra application, and move our front-end from jQuery spaghetti to MVC-style Backbone or Ember. The right candidate will be passionate about producing tested and readable code, even if it costs a little more. Thank you for taking the time to apply.Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: Posted On: […]
- Tutoring Website with Integrated Video Chat - oDesk May 25, 2013I am looking for a team with experience doing integrated video chat for a tutoring website or something similar. If you have that experience please reference it in your response and I will get back to you quickly with more details. No need for long replies, just reference your applicable experience and we can go from there. Thank you, JohnStarting On: June 1 […]
- Develop basic content WordPress site - oDesk May 25, 2013I need a fixed price to convert the attached documents into a content WordPress site. We only have Jpg files available. Must have demo within 48 hours. Must be pixel perfect.Budget: $80Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: May 27, 2013Posted On: May 25, 2013 20:14 UTCID: 202581421Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: html,php,wordpressCountry: […]
- Add some features to our webesite - oDesk May 25, 2013Our website - FavSync is a bookmarks manager. Bookmarks on FavSync are stored inside tabs and categories. One of the features we have is PUBLIC TAB. It allows the user to create a tab which will be publicly accessed (regular tabs cannot be accessed by anyone except the owner of the tab). It is already working (you can see how it works by going to our website […]
- Joomla Developer - oDesk May 25, 2013Please read the Posted Job Before you apply. We do not accept up front payments! If you think you can not work without up front payment Please do not apply to this job. We have strong reputation and many developers worked with us with grate success. If you think you are best feet in this project then Please apply and we will check your feedback and according […]
- Fix of API programming scripts - oDesk May 25, 2013Need expert coder who is expert to go fix and make work my api to accept credit cardsBudget: $100Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: May 25, 2013Posted On: May 25, 2013 20:05 UTCID: 202581396Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: phpCountry: United StatesHours Billed: 0click to apply […]
- Jquery Expert (read descriptions) - oDesk May 25, 2013I need you to take this code (http://app-folders.com/) and modify it so that the items load 100% in columns and rows according to the browser size as user scroll Make sure you have visited the site and know you can do this before you bidBudget: $30Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: May 26, 2013Posted On: May 25, 2013 19:54 UTCID: 202581377Category: Web Deve […]
- Multi-vendors e-Commerce Web Platform An experienced and talented Joomla developer is needed to launch a multi-vendors e-commerce web platform - oDesk May 25, 2013Header: Multi-vendors e-Commerce Web Platform An experienced and talented Joomla developer is needed to launch a multi-vendors e-commerce web platform. • Proven experience in similar and big projects with Joomla • Back-end and For-end experienced developers • Time to market is crucial • No compromise for quality of code and designBudget: $500Starting On: May […]
- entrepreneur - oDesk May 25, 2013We are looking for devleopers that knows how to create the website that including secure live stream video viewing (that you have to work with Live stream company for embed the code) and also need embed payment function Need to submitt your portfolio. If you have any questions, please free to message me. Thanks,Budget: $3000Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On […]
- Website based on Photoshop Design - oDesk May 25, 2013WhosPlaying LLC is looking for a web developer to bring our iPhone app to the web. We are a live music event finder, based in the United States, that offers customers live music event suggestions, reminders, and ticket purchases. We use location services as well as artist and venue search. We also offer artist information about any artist playing in any of o […]
- Twitter-Bootstrap developer needed! - oDesk May 25, 2013Hey and thanks for reading this post. Heres what i need: - I require a developer who can make a homepage with a register/login button and a few images. - Need a payment integration system (Paypal). - Once logged in there should be a page where multiple catagories are displayed. - Must be a search bar at the top of the page. - Once the user selects a certain […]
- Domain Name Auctions - Expired Domains Website Development - oDesk May 25, 2013Job is to create a website that shows domain auctions from godaddy and if possible namejet. Site should show as much data as possible about the domains so the user can make a good decision as far as bidding. I want people to be able to sort the domains in any order and search for listings based on keywords in the domains. Here is some of the data we need to […]
- MillionDollarHomepage - oDesk May 25, 2013I need a website with a functionality similar to Million Dollar Homepage. I need it on my server and form there make the exact changes and the additions on live. I need it done in 2-3 days or even less. I need people who already know this website. No upfront money.Budget: $500Starting On: May 25, 2013Ending On: May 28, 2013Posted On: May 25, 2013 18:09 UTCID […]
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Personality development – Tips for creating a good first impression