Archive for April, 2011
If you are looking for the ideal work from home opportunity then freelance work is definitely something you should consider. Freelance employment allows you the independence of working for yourself and choosing your own hours while providing a relatively easy way of getting freelance jobs.
Freelance work enables employees to advertise positions they need freelance workers for and then find the right person with the necessary skills to complete the task. As a freelance worker you are able to give a tender on these freelance jobs and if yours is the best tender for the position and you receive this freelance employment then you will be able to complete the work in the comfort of your own home and set your own hours for its completion.
Freelance employment enables you to use the skills you already have including writing, art work, graphics, computer or administrative skills from the comfort of your own home and get paid for it.
There are many freelance jobs boards on the internet today such as freelanceworkexchange.com, elance.com and guru.com that advertise a variety of positions that freelance workers are able to bid on and that provide plenty of work for anyone entering freelance employment.
The benefit of using these freelance jobs boards in finding freelance employment is that it largely decreases your need for marketing. Marketing on the internet can be one of the most difficult aspects of running an online business whereas if you are able to go to a specific website and just tender, then all you need to know is how to sell yourself and provide good examples of your work.
Freelance employment is also much easier for people who want to work from home but do not have many computer skills to start up their own business online. The only real computer skills necessary in most cases is the ability to browse the internet, send emails and type. You will browse the freelance jobs boards for positions available, either send a message via the board or via email to tender for the position and then will probably need to type your work in (or if you are doing art perhaps use a graphics program or scan your artwork) to send to the person you are doing the work for.
Once you have found freelance employment you will need to agree on a freelance contract. This needn’t be very fancy but should include the amount you will charge for the project, the time it will take you to deliver and your payment terms. If it is a long term project you may also want to set some milestones to chart your progress.
Freelance work therefore involves searching freelance jobs boards for positions that you have the skills to fulfill, sending in a tender to do the work and if you are chosen for the position you will set your own hours and work from the comfort of your own home to complete the freelance work. You will also need to draw up a freelance contract with the person who offers you the position including your charge for the work, how long it will take you to complete and your payment terms. If you are looking at working from home this is definitely something you need to consider.
Source: http://www.articlecircle.com/ – Free Articles Directory
About the Author
Rob Palmer is the Editor of Freelance Work Exchange, the leading jobs site for contract professionals worldwide. Join Freelance Work Exchange for just $2.95 and get access to thousands of freelance jobs and work-at-home jobs. http://www.freelanceworkexchange.com
Sometimes when we’re desperate for a job we get stuck in a rut and only think of the same places
to look, the want-ads in the paper or online sites like Craig’s List. Here’s another place that many of us would never consider, the Armed Forces. They do hire temporary civilian workers each summer, providing jobs for local students and veterans. If you live near a base of some sort, you need to look at the USAJOBS website. You could be pleasantly surprised.
Most university and high school students need to get summer jobs to help sustain their living standards throughout the following school year, and of course, their parents usually insist on it. Instead of getting stuck working in the food service industry, try something new and consider applying to the Air Force or other armed services. Most people don’t realize they all take on temporary civilian workers, especially students, in the summer. There are many assorted jobs to be found if you live close to a base; office automation and computer clerks, lifeguards, laborers and the always popular, food service workers, are needed every summer at most bases.
Those eligible must be a student, disabled vet, or have ‘reinstatement’ status. The students need to prove that they are enrolled in high school, technical or vocational school, junior college or four-year college. The disabled veterans need to offer proof of military service and their disability with a disability rating of 30% or more. (DD Form 214 Member 4 copy and VA Disability Rating). Reinstatement job seekers need proof of past federal employment. There is no time limit on eligibility for anyone who is a veteran or has three years tenure of continuous federal service.
To apply, go online to USAJOBS where you first sign up for a free account where you will be helped through creating a resume. Your resume will be left in your account and you can electronically send it out for the jobs you’re interested in. USAJOBS can be accessed 24 hrs. a day, and there’s even a feature which will send you employment notices automatically. With your resume ready to go, proceed to the search box and type in ‘what’ and ‘where’ and hit the Job Search button to see what’s available. If you know specifically what you’re interested in, type that in as well, i.e. ‘summer hire lifeguard.’
If you’d like more information about other civilian employment opportunities, visit www.afciviliancareers.com.
If you don’t think working on an army base is for you, but you still need to find a job somewhere, try looking around this web site, there’s information on all kinds of work; part-time, full-time, work-at-home, self-employment, and also advice on interview questions, resume writing, and CV letters. Take a look, Self Employment Ideas, you’ll be glad you did.
Work at home typing or typists jobs are ideal for stay at home moms. This job requires no experience or special qualification. Computer knowledge and typing skills are a bonus. The ability to follow the instructions provided by the company is highly preferable for this job. If you have any previous qualifications, you will find it a lot easier to get a typist job.
Work at home typing or typists job can help you increase your earning potential, provided you are willing to work hard and take the directions given by the employer.
Thousands of people are earning a good monthly income by doing typist jobs from home. There is little chance of scams with these types of jobs. So you can confidently try to get a job from any of the companies looking for workers on the internet.
You can send your resume via email and you can start working with or without prior training. You need to type forms and documents for real companies and can get a monthly payment in the form of a check and direct bank payment depending on where you’re based.
Work at home typing or typists job is a brilliant solution for stay at home moms who need to spend more time with their children. Most of the moms are unable to to work in a normal real world job. However the raising cost of living requires some extra income and home typist jobs are ideal for such people. You need to spend 2 hours to 4 hours to earn a decent income.
Work at home typist job includes light typing, light data entry, answering incoming calls and some other general clerical duties. If you have basic computer knowledge and enjoy typing, then this job is really meant for you. You need not invest any amount or pay initial charges. Most companies can provide free training to get up to speed.
- Employment News Paper 5 May | Search and Read PDF Online ... May 20, 2013Find and Read Employment News Paper 5 May free Download, ...www.glembook.com/pdf/employment-news-paper-5-may.html […](author unknown)
- Fast-food workers in Detroit walk off job, disrupt business ... May 16, 2013Visit Crain's Chicago Business for business news and analysis related to the ever -changing employment picture in Illinois and the U.S..www.chicagobusiness.com/.../fast-food-workers-in-detroit-wal... […](author unknown)
- Chicago Best Places to Work, Workplace Features, Employment ... May 16, 2013Find the best places to work in Chicago and why employees think so along with ... Best local business news – essential to doing business in Chicago; Lists, data ...www.chicagobusiness.com/section/ISSUE02?date=20130511 […](author unknown)
- Cruise Ship Employment
- Earn Income At Home
- Employment Advice On Videos
- Employment Web Sites
- Hazardous Materials Removal?
- How To Become A Bounty Hunter
- How To Get Through An Interview
- How To Start A Carpet Cleaning Business
- How To Start A Lawn Mowing Business
- Interesting Links
- Pool Cleaning Business
- Self Employment Loan
- Self-Employment Ideas That Worked!
- Summer Vacation Jobs
- Technical & Vocational School Directory
- The Complete Guide To Working For Yourself
- Typing Jobs
- Window Washing Business
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Project to Hire - Web Developer for Xero Integration Project - oDesk May 22, 2013New York City Locals Only Do you like food AND the internet? Do you support small farms? Do you believe in buying local? Then come work with us at FarmersWeb! FarmersWeb is a New York based eCommerce platform that connects local farmers and producers with local wholesale buyers. The goal of FarmersWeb is to increase market access and efficiency for both farm […]
- We are seeking a Zen Cart specialist to resize images and put in a hover over images. - oDesk May 22, 2013We are seeking a Zen Cart specialist to 1- add 3-4 images to the product page 2) put a hover box over 3-4 images. 3) Remove the product title over the hover box. Skills Required: PHP This job could lead to future referrals and other projects. Must be able to meet deadlines! If you meet these requirements please forward your references, website you worked on […]
- Set up a new Wordpress theme - oDesk May 22, 2013Hello - We have this website: Pedasitohotel.com We have bought a new WP theme for it: http://preview.ait-themes.com/index.php?bartype=desktop&theme=guesthouse The Job includes adapting Design (logo) and Text, tripadvisor and Facebook badgets, Transfering DB and so on... Portfolio is a MUST. Please apply only if you have done this before and you have expe […]
- Google analytics and tags - oDesk May 22, 2013I want google analytics adding. Plus if you search my domain name in google it has a load of jargo under neath, should it not say something about the site? Plus the site does not appear in Yahoo Can you confirm you understand? Thank you AnthonyBudget: $5Starting On: May 22, 2013Ending On: May 23, 2013Posted On: May 22, 2013 20:26 UTCID: 202570054Category: We […]
- woo commerce 2.0 update not working with plugins and data base - oDesk May 22, 2013need work done quickly customers order in 40 hoursStarting On: May 22, 2013Ending On: Posted On: May 22, 2013 20:23 UTCID: 202570045Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: Country: Costa RicaHours Billed: 0click to apply […]
- Import module prestashop - oDesk May 22, 2013Hello, I want exactly this module : http://xml-import.eu/chinabuye/ The faq of the module is there : http://eroute.eu/faq/ And the script descriptions features are there : http://eroute.eu/import-module/ The results after importing all product is there : for example: http://m33.eu/demo/prestashop/chinabuye/index.php?id_category=2136&controller=category I […]
- Margins on Single Page - 5 Min Job - oDesk May 22, 2013We need the margins set on a page, so text is centered. Very simple. 5 - 10 minutes of work.Budget: $7Starting On: May 22, 2013Ending On: May 22, 2013Posted On: May 22, 2013 20:07 UTCID: 202569995Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: Country: United StatesHours Billed: 0click to apply […]
- Photo Gallery Website - oDesk May 22, 2013Requirements: Website Backup of Existing Site Keywords: Metatags, URL extensions, and Links Google Anayltics: Tracking Code Installed Programming Drupal 7 or later Theme used will be http://refaktorthemes.com/montreal/portfolio-block Photo Gallery Website - I will build the intial html based galleries in lightroom. Programmer will establish a path that we wi […]
- spring hibernate website - oDesk May 22, 2013spring hibernate website private projectStarting On: May 22, 2013Ending On: Posted On: May 22, 2013 19:43 UTCID: 202569905Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: hibernate,java,spring-frameworkCountry: IndiaHours Billed: 0click to apply […]
- Drupal Programmer - oDesk May 22, 2013I have a client that has two Drupal sites. One site needs a few things done to it, but the other one is being redesigned, entirely. This is an ongoing Drupal position, with changes required on a continuing basis. The redesign work in the beginning will be quite a bit, and then the maintenance work will be a steady, but lower amount of hours. Must have at lea […]
- Immediate Hire for an Experienced Website Developer - oDesk May 22, 2013You must be excellent at website development and completing websites as assigned. You must also have the following skills: 1. On Time. You must meet deadlines as assigned. In the rare case that there’s an issue you always communicate and let me what is going on or let me know when something is going to be behind and why. 2. Follow through and Communicate. Yo […]
- php programmer ( Only Spanish Developers) - oDesk May 22, 2013I need an expert php programmer that speaks fluent spanish and helps me fix a problem that I have on a program we are developing, it is for an online inventory system IF YOU DON'T SPEAK SPANISH PLEASE DON'T BIDStarting On: May 22, 2013Ending On: Posted On: May 22, 2013 19:36 UTCID: 202569873Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: ajax […]
- Creat site with wordress - oDesk May 22, 2013Hello , i nedd Site web of school With wordpress and Beautifull desing .Budget: $50Starting On: May 22, 2013Ending On: May 24, 2013Posted On: May 22, 2013 19:32 UTCID: 202569861Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: wordpressCountry: AlgeriaHours Billed: 0click to apply […]
- Import customers/orders from Shopify to WooCommerce (Wordpress) - oDesk May 22, 2013We're a magazine selling subscriptions to our print. I setup Shopify as a temporary solution to sell our yearly subscriptions (sigh), but now I am trying to migrate to WooCommerce on our Wordpress site. Importing the customers and orders via their Customer/Order/Coupon CSV Import Suite extension has been fine, but one thing I need appears to require som […]
- Programador php experto ( Solo español) - oDesk May 22, 2013Necesito un programador experto en php que me ayude a cuadrar un problema que tengo en un programa que estoy desarrollando, es para un sistema de inventarios, los productos que agrego, cuando voy a mirarlos, el sistema siempre repite solo el primero en ser agregado. El sistema está desarrollado en españo, por eso necesito un desarrollador que hable españolSt […]
- Green Button App - oDesk May 22, 2013PHP Programming Experience XML Programming Experience NIST Green Button Development Experience Green Button Connect API Experience The job will be to develop an App that downloads user data from PG&E's Green Button Connect feature, and combines hourly energy use data with my database of hourly wind production data. The result will then return a pie […]
- HTML and Mechanical Turk - oDesk May 22, 2013I need someone with expertise in HTML, specifically around creating an interface for image population. We need to pull two images from a database, and have users give a value to either picture. This is a job that will continue to grow with us as we build the platform. We will be using Amazon's Mechanical Turk interface, but the HTML for MTurk is the sam […]
- HTML Image URL help - oDesk May 22, 2013I am trying to upload a thumbnail in Mechanical Turk interface but it is not uploading correctly. I past in the image URL into the HTML code but it does not populate, or populates incorrectly. Need help right now! ThanksStarting On: May 22, 2013Ending On: Posted On: May 22, 2013 19:15 UTCID: 202569803Category: Web Development > Web ProgrammingSkills: amaz […]
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Interesting Links
- Anonymous on Personality development – Tips for creating a good first impression